Can you believe it’s December? 2020 is almost over. I’m certainly ready to start a new year. This month, I am really buckling down and renewing my focus on taking care of myself to finish out the year strong. For me, this means filling my belly with as many fresh, local foods as possible and making time take walks in nature and do things I enjoy, like reading or picking up the cross stitch that I started in March (no judgement…).
This month is all about hearty, comforting recipes. I’m going to start with a Sheet Pan Chicken roasted with Parsley, Pesto and Bread Crumbs and pair it with Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower.
Roasted with Pesto & Croutons – Adapted from Delicious Magazine
- 4 skin-on, free-range, chicken breasts
- ½ large butternut squash, cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- Loaf of sourdough bread, torn into chunks
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the chicken, squash, and garlic cloves in a roasting pan, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil. Pour over a little white wine if you wish and roast for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the squash is tender.
- For the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the bread to the pan, drizzle with oil and cook until the bread is crisp and browned. Drizzle the pesto over the chicken and serve.
Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower – Food.com
- 3 Tbsp fresh, minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grease large casserole dish
- Place garlic and olive oil in resalable bag.
- Add cauliflower and shake to mix.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring halfway though.
- Top with Parmesan and parsley and broil for 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
Market Shopping List:
- Chicken Breast
- Butternut Squash
- Sourdough Bread