Is everyone ready for the long weekend coming up? Even though we are only 2 weeks into 2021 it feels so necessary. This week, I am making an easy sheet pan meal – minimal prep and minimal clean up – so that I can take the weekend and just relax.
See below for the recipe and market shopping list.
Sheet Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts, Apples, and Sweet Potatoes – Adapted from Wellplated
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp black pepper, divided
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (about 1 pound)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 3/4 –inch pieces
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and cut into rough 1-inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large ziploc bag. Drizzle with 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, then add the garlic, 1 tablespoon rosemary, cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Zip the bag tightly, then shake and rub the bag to coat the chicken in the oil and spices. Set aside while you chop the vegetables and apples, or refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Once chopped, place the brussels sprouts, sweet potato, and apple on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the remaining 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil, then sprinkle with remaining ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper. Toss to evenly coat, then spread into an even layer.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on top of the veggies and apples. Place in the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 160 to 165 degrees F, about 18 to 22 minutes or until done. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove to a plate to rest and cover with foil to keep warm. Toss the apple and vegetables on the pan, then return the pan to the oven and continue baking until caramelized and tender, about 10 to 15 additional minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary. Serve warm with the rested chicken.
- Chicken Breast
- Brussels Sprouts
- Sweet Potato
- Red Onion